First opened in 1951, Pantycelyn Hall is arguably Wales’ most famous hall of residence. Thanks to a longstanding connection with the building, we helped take part in a £16 million renovation of its accommodation block.
Named after the famed Welsh literary figure, William Williams Pantycelyn, the hall was home to Prince Charles during his time as a student in Aberystwyth.
The high-profile restoration of the Grade II Listed building involved sympathetic external renovation, along with internal refurbishments spanning 70,000 square feet.
Housing 200 students, each modern bedroom includes its own en-suite bathroom, as well as high-speed internet access. Some of the hall’s most well-known rooms, such as – the Large Lounge, the Small Lounge and the Senior and Junior Common Rooms – were also refreshed.
In addition, communal catering and laundry facilities were created for use by both students and the local community.