Oswestry School Dining Hall
Following a previously successful commission with Oswestry School, Lawray was appointed to design and subsequently deliver a new dining hall for the school’s historically sensitive main campus.
A listed site
Founded in 1407, Oswestry School is one of the oldest non-denominational schools in the country. Working within the curtilage of Grade II listed Georgian buildings, as well as a sacrosanct Napoleonic-era chestnut tree, we extended and remodelled the existing facilities.
To ensure staff and students could continue to use the school’s dining facilities after the summer break, the project required careful planning and liaison. Thanks to a greatly reduced building programme, the construction and fit-out phase not only ran swiftly and smoothly – we delivered the project right on time and to budget.