Careers at Lawray Architects
Our current open positions
Architect and Technologist/Senior Technologist
Due to sustained growth and a strong project pipeline, we are seeking an Architect and Technologist/Senior Technologist to join our thriving award-winning practice. Whilst `based’ in our Wrexham studio, our agile working ethos offers the opportunity to collaborate with our other studios on projects throughout the UK.
We are a value-driven socially responsible practice keen to attract talented individuals who share our principles and are keen to realise their potential. We’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go. Our diverse portfolio currently includes projects in the Residential, Education, Retail, Leisure, Industrial and Blue Light Sectors.
At Lawray we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value and respect others’ views, build relationships, and seize the opportunities available to transform the environment one project at a time. That’s how we deliver exceptional results for our clients.
In return you can look forward to an attractive reward package that includes a competitive starting salary, pension scheme, and a technology-supported agile working policy together with real opportunities for career development and of course being part of the friendly, supportive, and sociable Lawray community!
We take pride in the ever-growing cultural diversity within our team and strive to maintain a friendly environment which nurtures development, knowledge sharing and opportunities. Your work ethic and commitment to client relations will reflect this. The ideal candidate will oversee the entire construction project life cycle. You will manage personnel involved at different stages of the project and showcase strong design and/or technical abilities.
You will have:
- ARB registration (mandatory) & RIBA chartership (preferable) for Architects or MCIAT chartership (preferable) for Technologists
- A minimum of three years’ extensive post qualification experience including leading projects
- Demonstrable software skills in particular proficiency in the use of Revit, NBS Chorus and EnScape
- Experience in delivering architectural projects under traditional and design & build procurement routes
- Client focus & commercial awareness experience of establishing and consolidating relationships to identify and realise business opportunities,
- The ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with an excellent understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- A passion for excellence, and a desire to embrace new and innovative thinking
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- A collaborative team approach, efficiently managing your time, deadlines, and workload.
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- Experience and knowledge of sustainable development best practice will be considered advantageous
- Ability to lead proactively in small teams with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working as an Architect or Senior Technologist in the UK is essential, for building regulations, planning knowledge etc.
- Experience of all RIBA Plan of Work stages from inception to traditional contract administration
- Strong and clear presentation, technical and graphic communication skills.
- The ability to develop concept designs, with good individual design skills
- Experience and understanding of construction detailing, UK statutory building regulations and planning policy
- Confident communication skills and an ability to build strong working relationships within our team and with our valuable clients and fellow consultants
For consideration, please forward your CV/portfolio samples along with a covering email to: email@example.com